Literary reviews by Tim Love.
Warning: Rather than reviews, these are often notes in preparation for reviews that were never finished, or pleas for help with understanding pieces. See Litref Reviews - a rationale for details.

Tuesday 17 June 2008

"transmission 11" (Summer 2008)

badge10 stories, some micro fiction, interviews, articles and reviews in an illustrated A4 format all for £4. Not only that but they sent me a badge too! It's been going since 2004, and is more geared towards writers than comparable magazines are. "Is it literary?" was the first question asked when I showed it to a group of writers. I don't think it's challenging or experimental, but neither is it formulaic. I wasn't knocked out by any stories, neither was I bored by any. I'd put it between "Riptide" and "Libbon" on the literary scale - far behind "Short FICTION" (which may not be a bad thing, of course). It's on sale in a few bookshops in Manchester and London.

No comments:

Post a Comment