Literary reviews by Tim Love.
Warning: Rather than reviews, these are often notes in preparation for reviews that were never finished, or pleas for help with understanding pieces. See Litref Reviews - a rationale for details.

Wednesday 10 September 2014

"Riptide - The suburbs, issue 10", Ginny Baily and Sally Flint (eds)

Themed poems, life writing and stories. I thought the prose better than the poems (especially Anna Freud's poem). I submitted a piece of prose and having read this collection don't feel hard done by.

Ariella Van Luyn's story is my favorite. Susmita Bhattacharya's and Alexander Knights' are ok too. "The Cellar" didn't appeal to me. Tom Garrod's "Carnival" did. Lauren Hayhurst's piece is more than just atmospheric. Simon Davy's story has a ghost whose body isn't dead - doubtless it's been done before but I don't recall it.

No comments:

Post a Comment