Literary reviews by Tim Love.
Warning: Rather than reviews, these are often notes in preparation for reviews that were never finished, or pleas for help with understanding pieces. See Litref Reviews - a rationale for details.

Saturday 23 February 2019

"From me to you" by UA Fanthorpe and RV Bailey (Enitharmon/Peterloo, 2007)

I'm not convinced. "With you" and "You" probably meant more to the authors than to anyone else. Here are some extracts

  • I would like you to think I love you accurately
    Like Baskerville kern that fits its place to a T.
    (p.10)
  • Absence is incontinent. It leaves
    Shaming wet patches in obvious places.
    Some people cry easily. I am one.
    (p.26)
  • first to confirm
    Us as livers-together, you who took us so simply
    For granted, translator of life into
    The vernacular of love,
    You who saw love, where innocent others
    Saw only convenience
    (p.29 - "Elegy for a cat")

No comments:

Post a Comment