Literary reviews by Tim Love.
Warning: Rather than reviews, these are often notes in preparation for reviews that were never finished, or pleas for help with understanding pieces. See Litref Reviews - a rationale for details.

Wednesday 17 April 2024

"A twist of the knife" by Peter Jones

An audio book of about 30 short stories - some just 2 sentences. Many are plot-driven, the plot too easy to guess. Sometimes I guessed an ending, decided that it would be too obvious, then found I'd guessed the ending correctly. "Meet me at the crematorium" kept me interested for a while, but the best was the Roy Grace story. It had a decent plot (though not as cunning as I'd predicted - I thought the man lied about having his stamps stolen to get the thieves in trouble with their boss) and I liked the final line.

I gave up listening to the book about half way through.

Other reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment